LA in a Day Bike Tour
The Best LA Bike Tour
Tour Length: 5-6 hours all in.
Tour Distance: 32 miles
Time: Departs daily at 10 a.m. Check-in at 9:30 a.m.
Meeting Place: 8500 Santa Monica Boulevard, West Hollywood, CA 90069
Includes a walking tour of Greystone Mansion. Tour includes several rest breaks and a 30-minute stop for lunch (lunch is $12), estimated return time is 5 p.m.
Fitness Level: Moderate to mildly challenging with some hills. Average fitness level required. You must be comfortable on a bike to take this tour. Guests can upgrade to an electric bike tour at checkout.
- West Hollywood -Pedal past 30+ Celebrity Homes
- Route 66
- Sunset Strip
- Walking Tour of Greystone Mansion Gardens & Grounds
- Beverly Hills
- Veterans Hospital
- Brentwood Village
- Bundy Drive (yeah, that street!)
- Third Street Promenade
- Santa Monica Beach
- Santa Monica Pier
- Venice Beach (where you’ll stop for lunch)
- Abbot Kinney Boulevard, the trendiest street in LA
- Venice Canals
- Muscle Beach
- Venice Skateboard Park
- The Frank Gehry Beach House
- Marina del Rey
- Culver City Studios
- Robertson Boulevard
- The Ivy Restaurant
- Pacific Design Center
- Chances to catch a glimpse of celebrities at LA hot spots
- …and much more!
What We’ll Do
LA in a Day – The Best Bike Tour in LA
Looking to make the most of your Los Angeles trips this summer? Take our LA in a Day bike tour. This leisurely-paced LA biking tour includes a packed list of Los Angeles attractions, starting on legendary Route 66 in West Hollywood. From there, you head into Beverly Hills and other glitzy, exclusive neighborhoods to explore some of LA’s most iconic architectural landmarks and celebrity homes.
Next, you’ll visit the scenic West LA neighborhoods of Westwood and Brentwood, which lead to the beautiful coastal suburb of Santa Monica, known for its laid-back vibe and welcoming atmosphere.
Pause your bike adventure for lunch in eclectic Venice Beach, home of Muscle Beach and LA’s most popular skateboarding park. There, you also take a walking tour of the peaceful Venice Canals before visiting the world’s largest man-made boat harbor in spectacular Marina del Rey. With their numerous attractions, restaurants, and picturesque neighborhoods, Venice and Santa Monica are two beachside havens ideal for group bike tours of Los Angeles. Your LA in a Day bike tour wraps up with a trip through Culver City, home to famous, historic movie studios.
Along the way, our expert tour guides share insider insights that bring the sights and sounds of the city to life. Part of what makes our LA in a Day tour the best Los Angeles bike tour is our careful selection of bike routes that avoid major traffic corridors for your enhanced safety. If you’re comfortable on a bike, you’re sure to enjoy yourself during this tour. Bikes and Hikes LA looks forward to welcoming you on this and the rest of our top Hollywood tours!
What is Provided
- Expert tour guide
- 24-speed high-end city bike
- Safety equipment (helmet & vest)
- Beer/Ices post-tour
- Optional electric bike tour upgrade available for $35
What to Expect
- We’ll be biking 32 miles along the streets in many top neighborhoods in LA. Certain areas of the route will include bike paths.
- Guests joining this tour should be in good health, with an intermediate fitness expectation.
- Guests should be able to comfortably ride a bike for this tour.
- Guests should not have a fear of bike riding, and should not be afraid to break a sweat.
- Young children are welcome to join this bike tour; we recommend this tour for guests ages 6 and up. Children participating in the biking tour should be able to bike on their own.
- Guests must provide their own water for this bike tour. We recommend guests bring 2 bottles of water, and to hydrate before, during, and after the LA in a Day bike tour, especially important in the warm summer months!
- Guests will stop for lunch in Venice halfway through the tour. Upon return to the shop, guests will be provided with beer and ices to celebrate.
- All guests taking the LA in a Day bike tour will have the option to upgrade to electric, pedal-assist bike for the tour. We recommend the electric bike upgrade for a smoother ride.
What to Bring
- All guests must bring water (2 bottles for LA in a Day)
- Comfortable shirt and shorts/pants
- Jacket/windbreaker or sweatshirt (weather depending)
- Closed-toed shoes
- $12 for lunch & tip money for your guide
- Don’t forget your camera!
Note: We can provide storage while you are on the tour if needed.
LA in a Day Bike Tour
Person on Standard Pedal Bike
People on electric bikes
This adventure is operated by Bikes and Hikes LA
Just book it! You can cancel or make changes no later than 24 hours in advance of your booking, for a full refund or reschedule your tour! If you happen to miss the 24-hour mark, you’re guaranteed credit to use at a more convenient time. You’ll also have the opportunity to transfer your tour to someone you like (or to whom you owe a favor.)