Tour Length: 3 hours
Taste Santa Barbara’s best food and drinks on this foodie adventure through the city’s most eclectic, art-driven neighborhood.
- Up to 8 tastings & locations, bites, and sips – with a professional tour guide.
- Discover hidden street art and soak in the culture of Santa Barbara’s most eclectic neighborhood.
- Learn foodie photo tips and tricks using your smartphone’s camera.
What to Expect
Our Santa Barbara food tour starts on the edge of the Funk Zone across the street from the beach and will walk you through the heart of Funk Zone and lower State Street neighborhoods where you will taste the cuisine that our city is known for!
Treat yourself to bites of artisan foods, freshly baked goodies, seafood, and Mexican dishes as well as craft brews, local wines and hand-crafted spirits. Along the way, you’ll get immersed in the local culture, explore the neighborhood, discover local restaurants, and hear interesting stories about each place you’ll visit.
You’ll also learn easy-to-shoot photo tips from your pro tour guide and take your foodie photo skills to the next level using your smartphone’s camera app. By the end of your three-hour tour, you’ll be eating like a local and shooting like a pro!
Explore beyond Downtown Santa Barbara and let your local guide serve you the best of each menu at some of these local hidden hot spots.
- Flor de Maiz: Taste the flavors of Mexico and locally sourced seafood dishes.
- Helena Avenue Bakery: The Funk Zone’s only bakery featuring freshly baked bread, goodies, and housemade salted butter and seasonal fruit jams.
- Lucky Penny: Unique corner cafe serving creative wood-fired flatbread and housemade BBQ chips.
- Mony’s Mexican Food Taqueria: Family-owned and operated, hole-in-the-wall taqueria known for street tacos, housemade chips, and the best salsa bar in town. (Weekday and Saturday tours only.)
- Cutler’s Artisan Spirits: The city’s first legal distillery since Prohibition, featuring top-shelf bourbon, whiskey, vodka, gin, and apple pie liqueur.
- Santa Barbara Wine Collective: A top-shelf winery featuring reserve wine labels from five different local winemakers.
- Figueroa Mountain Brewing Co.: A family-run brewing company, featured in the heart of the Funk Zone, focusing on top-tier beers.
- McConnell’s Ice Cream: THE best ice cream in Santa Barbara with recipes and methods that date back to 1949.
- Santo Mezcal: Southern Mexican cuisine with a Santa Barbara seafood influence.
- Cubaneo: California Cuban cuisine inspired by the owner’s personal heritage.
- Corazon Cocina: Mexican street food influenced by local markets.
- Shaker Mill: Enjoy cocktails from a fusion Golden Age Cuban-themed al fresco bar.
- Santa Barbara Popcorn Co.: Locally harvested, hand-popped, organic/GMO-free artisan popcorn.
Where to Meet
You will receive a confirmation email after booking that directs you to your meeting location.
This adventure is operated by Eat This, Shoot That!
Public Tour Ticket Return Policy
All tickets purchased directly from our website may be refunded in the form of account credit (a Fare Harbor E-Certificate with no expiration date) so long as it is done and confirmed at least 48 HOURS BEFORE the start of your tour.
No partial credits or rescheduling is allowed for partial attendance, no shows, or late arrivals. It is your responsibility to show up at the right location, in a timely manner. All tours and events start promptly on time. (Full refunds may not apply to tickets bought via a third party site.)
Private Group Tour Ticket Return Policy
The initial agreed-upon payment amount will act as a deposit for all private group tours is are non-refundable. The remaining payments must be made at least 2 weeks before the event date. No cash refunds are issued for additional tickets purchased-only refunds in the form of an e-certificate will be issued. Please be sure to purchase the exact number of tickets needed for your group.
No partial credits or rescheduling is allowed for partial attendance, no shows, or late arrivals. It is your responsibility to show up at the right location, in a timely manner. All tours and events start promptly on time.
Customers will be offered a full refund or e-certificate credit in case of operator cancellation due to weather or other unforeseen circumstances. Contact us by phone to cancel or inquire about a cancellation.