San Francisco Bay Sail
Experience San Francisco’s uncontested urban beauty from an Adventure Cat catamaran on the invigorating Pacific waters of San Francisco Bay. Sail away from the urban feel of the city and experience all of San Francisco’s excitement from a vantage point on the sea.
Both our 55′ and 65′ catamarans are complete with a 360-degree, protected viewing area for those who want to enjoy the view but not the breezes. For the more adventurous, we have the canvas trampoline nets where you can experience the Bay up close and personally take in the sights in the invigorating open sea air.
On this unforgettable sail on the San Francisco Bay, you will:
- Sail by the historic Alcatraz Island and Sausalito
- Sail under the awe-inspiring Golden Gate Bridge
- Glide past the spectacular San Francisco city skyline
- Experience a colony of grunting sea lions
Come join us for a nautical adventure with breathtaking views of the San Francisco Bay! Our experienced captains will make sure your sail is pleasant, informative, and fun for the whole family!
Narration is available on handheld listening devices at no additional cost. Available in English, German, French, Mandarin, Italian, Portuguese, Spanish, and Korean.
Key points about this tour:
- 1.5 hour Bay Sail taking in views of Alcatraz Island, the city skyline, and the Golden Gate Bridge
- Soda, beer and wine are available for purchase at the cabin bar CC and cash accepted at the bar
- Perfect for Families
- Our captain and crew are always happy to snap a photo or answer your questions about San Francisco or our catamarans—you’ll quickly learn our passion for sailing!
- Early/Mid-afternoon, see calendar for exact departure times.
- Boat leaves at the time shown, please arrive 30 minutes early for check-in
Meeting Place and Check-In Time
We depart from Pier 39, Gate J next to the sea lions. Pier 39 is just off The Embarcadero, near the intersection of Beach St, Grant Ave, and The Embarcadero. For your GPS, use 2 Beach St, San Francisco, CA 94133.
When you get to Pier 39, enter through the main gate and then head to the sea lions viewing area & look for Gate J.
Check-in with a crew member at the gate 30 min prior to departure.
What is not included?
- Sealed beverages available on the boat, accepting ONLY credit cards
- Gratuity is not included
- Personal food and drink items are not permitted
What to Wear / Not to Wear
- Be sure to dress for the forecasted weather, keeping in mind that it can be several degrees cooler on the water.
- We usually advise you to wear jeans, a tee-shirt or sweatshirt, tennis or other soft-soled shoes and bring a jacket.
|San Francisco Bay Sail|
12 and Under
Ages 5 and Younger
This adventure is operated by Adventure Cat Sailing Charters
During this time of the ongoing Covid-19/Corona Virus awareness, Adventure Cat has decreased our normal cancellation policy to 24hrs (or more) notice for a full refund to reduce any stress or uneasy feelings when planning an outing.
In addition, in the interest of public safety, we would ask that if you do feel ill or maybe coming down with any questionable symptoms close to departure please stay in your accommodations and just let us know, we’d be happy to either provide a refund or do a one-time reschedule for a future date to come sailing.
Are there bathrooms aboard the boats?
Please try to use the restroom prior to boarding. For hygiene purposes we need to keep the onboard restroom for emergency uses only during the 90 min tour. Bathrooms are available nearby on Pier 39.
What happens if it rains?
Severe weather in this area of California is rare and cruises will proceed as scheduled in light rain and other mild weather conditions. Both our boats have 360-degree, protected viewing areas! In the rare event that we have to cancel a cruise, you will have the opportunity to reschedule your tickets (subject to availability) or receive credit towards a future event.
What exactly do I see on the sail?
On your scenic sail around the San Francisco Bay, you’ll sail by historic Alcatraz Island, get a unique view as you sail under the Golden Gate Bridge, take plenty of photos of the breath-taking San Francisco city skyline and pass by a colony of sea lions or even spot some whales.
Do you have life jackets for kids and adults?
Yes, we have life jackets for kids and adults. You are not required to wear one, but we have them for the safety of all guests and by request to wear.
Will I get wet?
If you’re outside on the trampolines, there is a pretty good chance you’ll get wet. If you really don’t want to get wet, you can stay in the cabin. With a 360 degree view, you won’t miss a single thing.